Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tiki Ten: Duck & Cover


It's hard to do a great cover song. Your taking someone else's message and repurposing it, putting your own spin on it. The thing that I love about music is that it's very subjective. A song can mean something different to two different people. I believe that the cover song best exemplifies this. A good cover song provides two different takes on the same song. A cover can give a song new meaning and new life. So here is a few of my favorite covers.







Track Listing
1. I Will Survive - Cake
2. Hotel California - Gipsy Kings
3. I'm On Fire - Town Mountain
4. Mr. Blue Sky - Mayer Hawthorne
5. Mad World - Michael Andrews & Gary Jules
6. Hurt - Johnny Cash
7. Come As You Are - Yuna
8. Viva La Vida - Weezer
9. Baby Got Back - Jonathan Coulton
10. Sexy and I Know It - Noah Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment